Many people love to garden, but for some, it can be very hard on the knees. That’s where garden kneelers and kneeling benches come in handy. They can be adjusted to a sitting position or lowered so you can kneel while gardening.
Our Top 3 Heavy Duty Garden Kneeler
Here’s a quick summary of the top three choices.
- Best Overall: Ohuhu Upgraded Kneeling Pad
- Runner Up: Truly Garden Kneeler and Seat
- Best Budget: Besthls Garden Kneeler and Seat Stool
Keep reading for our full list of the top five choices for garden kneelers.
The 5 Best Heavy Duty Garden Kneeler Review
If you have been looking for a great gardening gift, this is one of the best foam bench seats to choose from. The height is adjustable, and it is super comfortable to kneel on. It’s good for kids, seniors, and anyone who wants to garden but struggles bending over or kneeling for too long. This kneeling pad is super comfortable and well made. However, like any product, it does have pros and cons.
- Large pockets- This is upgraded from the original version because instead of two small pockets, it now comes with two large pockets. This can make it handy to hold on to tools and other gardening equipment. They are the perfect size for a tool pouch.
- Durable- There may be times when you need to use the handlebars to get up and down from the eva foam pad. The best feature of this kneeling pad is that it is made to be durable. You don’t have to be super gentle with it; you can put most of your weight on it to get up and down without worrying about it breaking.
- No heavy tools- Although this is a very durable and sturdy kneeler, the truth is if your tools are over 200-300 pounds, you won’t be able to use the tool pouch. This is meant for lightweight gardening tools.
- Stability- You will have to put this together yourself. It may be very unstable if you do not follow the directions.
If you are looking for a kneeler that comes with a gardening hoe, this is the perfect option for you. The design is sleek and looks like it is meant to be outdoors with its rustic vibe. It is super easy to get up and down because of the durable sidebars. The best thing is it comes completely ready to use, which is different from the previous kneeler. Keep in mind there are a few drawbacks to this product, like many others.
- Sturdy build- Although this is a sturdy and stable build, it is still comfortable. This is a practical gift meant for the ultimate comfort but also made to withstand the weight and the movements that come with gardening.
- Easy to store- This is a foldable option making it easy to store. You can fold this garden kneeler seat up and store it in the garage or shed without worrying about it.
- Not for hilly yards- If your garden is on a slope, this will not be the appropriate kneeler to use. For best results, it needs to be on a flat surface. Any kind of slant will have you toppling over, and you may hurt yourself or break the garden stool.
- Hard to open- Although this can easily be stored, getting it back open may be a small challenge. It can sometimes pinch your fingers if you are not careful.
The best budget-friendly garden seat on this list is from Besthls. This is just a few dollars cheaper than the rest but is just as stable and sturdy. It provides maximum comfort without breaking the bank. This seat is a straightforward design but will do wonders for your back and knees. This version of a garden kneeler bench also comes with a gardening pouch.
- Multiple functions- This can be flipped one way or the other to ensure you can either sit on it or kneel, depending on the gardening task. It is lightweight enough that flipping it over will not be an issue for most people.
- Budget- Although many of the products are in the same price range, this one is just a bit cheaper. This makes it a great option for anyone who doesn’t want to break the back.
- The kneeler pad is not as thick- Although the knee pad is comfortable, it is much thinner than other options on the list.
- Plastic- It is not made of heavy duty materials, but really light plastic. For most people, this will hold up okay, but heavy tools may break it.
Ohuhu has been known to make some great garden kneeling pads; that’s why two products ended up in this review. It is also a kneeling pad and garden chair that will allow you to keep your knees away from the ground and kneel for an extended period of time. It folds easily and comes with smaller gardening tool pouches.
- Sturdy but light- This kneeling pad is absolutely sturdy and will withstand up to 330 pounds.
- Versatility- If you prefer sitting while potting plants, this device will allow you to do that. It can be for kneeling or sitting, depending on what you need it for.
- Flimsy frame- Unfortunately, this kneeler does have a thinner frame sandwiched between the two foam pieces. If you are handy, you can easily fix this with your own frame or piece of wood.
- Thin metal- Although this is not thin plastic, it is thin metal. If you are putting all of your weight on it at once, it may not hold up.
If your budget is a lot bigger, this is the perfect stool for you. It is made of high-quality materials and will not break easily. It is meant for comfort and is not made with flimsy plastic. Instead of being sandwiched in between two pieces of foam, the baseboard is a piece of wood fixed between two sliding metal legs. There is a comfortable foam cushion right on top.
- Durable and light- Although this is made with wood, it is exceptionally lightweight to carry around the garden. It will still be durable in several locations and last for many years.
- Adjustable leg length- Unlike the others, this is one seat you do not need to flip. Instead, you will be adjusting the leg length.
- Expensive- If you are looking for a budget-friendly stool, this is the wrong one for you. It requires a bigger upfront budget, but it will last you several years.
- One piece of foam- All of the other heavy duty garden kneelers have two pieces of foam. This stool only has one.
How to Choose the Best Heavy Duty Garden Kneeler
The best way to choose a garden kneeler is by identifying what you want. If you are looking for a lightweight stool or bench, you may choose one that is different from one made for hills. You should also always consider your budget when shopping around. Keep in mind that preparing to spend more on a product does not always make it better quality. Here are some things to keep in mind that will help you choose a garden kneeler.
- How you use it most
These are all of the things that will help you choose a good kneeler. If you are worried about the return policies, it will be necessary to factor that in. Some products may even come with a warranty if you choose.
Heavy duty garden kneelers don’t have to be super expensive; some of them can be budget-friendly. If you have been looking for the perfect gift for an older loved one who likes to garden, these are the five best kneelers to choose from.